Access protection to areas with mobile machines
In underground mines, safeguarding people is paramount. Access to where mobile machines are working is forbidden. Multiple light beam safety devices can protect and issue an alarm in dangerous areas if a person has entered a prohibited zone. Rugged and reliable safety technology is very important. In the event that the mine poses an explosion hazard where a single spark can be disastrous, SICK offers multiple light beam devices certified for Ex zone 1 / 21 and 2 / 22. With these special versions deTem4 Core Ex II 3GD and deTem4 Core Ex, a mine operator can ensure compliance with the high safety requirements in explosive areas.
Following product families can be used
- Smart Sensor: diagnostic data via IO-Link or NFC and the SICK Safety Assistant app
- Compact housing, standardized connectivity, compatible accessories
- Integrated alignment aid with status LEDs directly on the device
- Configuration of all functions without software
- Variants for explosion-hazardous areas as well as enclosure rating IP69K