Smart Motor Sensor
With the help of sHub® in conjunction with the EDS/EDM35 motor feedback systems, a servo motor becomes intelligent and provides not only position and speed values, but also vibration and temperature values synchronously with the controller cycle of the drive amplifier. The module from SICK thus enables the drive manufacturer to carry out predictive maintenance at the place of use of the servo motor in order to counteract a failure of the drive unit due to vibrations or temperature influences at an early stage and to avoid unplanned production downtime.
Following product families can be used
- Sensor hub with a maximum of 2 inputs for external sensors
- The sensor data is integrated in to the motion control system via HIPERFACE DSL®.
- Collection of vibration, temperature, speed, position and service life histogram of the servo motor (combined with EDS/EDM35)
- Optical motor feedback system with HIPERFACE DSL®
- Up to 24-bit resolution per revolution and 4,096 revolutions with the multiturn system
- Certified according to SIL2 and PL d
- Status monitoring and mission time histogram; temperature, speed, and revolution data are stored throughout the service life of the device